RE: [Epic] A Thunderhawk question...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 12:11:45 -0400

> check the transport rules. I think they say that they embark and disembark
> troops for a cost of 5 cm of movement for all units involved. The
> Thawk has the
> Transport ability, so therefor he can load troops and fly off the
> board. now,
> whatever you rules for units leaving the table edge are apply. so
> if you rule
> that they escape, all Blast Markers are removed and the
> controller loses no
> moral.

Hmmm, this does fit with my thoughts on whether a special ability specifies
an exception to a standard rule. I don't see anything in the flyer rules
that says the regular transport rules don't apply. But the Flyer Transport
mission rules only discuss dropping off troops, so I can argue that no
mission was given to use the pick-up Transport ability until the White Dwarf
article. :)

I wouldn't argue against it, especially since they did go back and add such
a mission. Picking them up and putting them back down would be different,
though, since you pick them up where you shoot, and where would you put them
down?

andy