Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 11:44:51 -0400

> I think the shields were a little stronger than that. Perhaps even stronger
> than giving them a Save ability. From the way they were protrayed, how
> about immune to absolutely everything, except those guns which fire slowly,
> VERY skilled hand-to-hand and lasers? Beginning to get the feeling that
> rules may get stretched here ;)

Forget the movie. It is much simpler to stay with the book, since it is more
detailed and doesn't provide Fremen huge advantages (waning modules)

In the book there was no gun that shot really slowly. It is not possible to fire
a projectile slow enough to penetrate a shield.

If the conflict is set on Arrakis there are no shields. Period. Shields drive
worms crazy.

There were conventions against lasguns, because if you are close enough to hit
someone's shield with your lasgun, you are close enough to get caught up in the
explosion that is described as being close to atomic.

Tyler Provick
Semper Fi