Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 01:43:02 PDT

Tu as �crit :

>>> FP CC Armor
>>> Sardaukar 3 4 5+
>>> Fremen 2 5 4+
>>>

>>Don't you think that giving such FP is unrealistic? Sardaukar and
>Fremen
>>are great close combat fighters, they don't use long range weapons.
>>think that giving 1 FP each would be better...
>>

>>Francois Bruntz
>>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)
>>

> Yes... i think you�re right, i guess i was thinking in terms of >the
>computer game Dune II, where Sardaukar launch missiles and more...

Between the books, the movie and the games, I think it will become
difficult to work! ;)
I suggest that we only consider the books which of course are the best
sources of information.

OK, to keep this mail on topic, this is what I propose for Sardaukars
and Fremen following what has already been said :)

          Mvt Range FP CC Armor
Sardaukar 10 30 1 4 5+, Stubborn
Fremen 10 30 1 5 4+, Stubborn, Infiltrators

The Imperial infantry detachments should be composed by Sardaukars only,
not any other kind of troop.
Fremen should have their own army list (I consider the timeline just
before the fall of Duke Leto) AND be allowed as support units for
Atreides. Duncan Idaho, in the first book, was training some Fremen for
the Atreide Army..

Now, I was thinking about which kind of unit could be found in a Great
House army :
  obviously tactical and assault units (basically IG stats) : this units
could have weapons such as Mola pistols or things like that but no
laser weapons.
  Heavy weapons units : equipped with lasers?
  No bike nor cavalry units

Each House should have its own elite units : Corrino House needn't them
but Atreides should have some Fremen+elite warriors (those who have been
trained by Duncan Idaho and Gurney Halleyk), for the Harkonnen, I don't
know.

Just a word about the anti-dune threads : yes many of the Dune mails are
off topic but they can contribute to adapt Dune to Epic 40k. I think
they could be compared to this mails about the Emperor and the way
Humanity travels through the Warp : these mails are not directly
connected to Epic 40k but they are very interesting to pick up the
atmosphere of the universe. Now, I think we should make an effort to
keep them few, I apologize for the trouble to the ML members who are not
interested. :o)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/01/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/