Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:31:07 -0400

First, remember on dune they hardly use shields. Behind the Great Barrier
Wall they could, but out in the open, in worm territory it was pure suicide.
Even Maud'dib wouldn't use a shield.

Also, think of the special characters if you put it during the early reign
of Leto II, super invincible, super fast, super deadly Leto II in his armour
(What were those things called, the baby sand worms?)

Or during the time of the Honered Matres, with that flash-like guy running
around killing all the honoured matres.

By the way, all in all the bene Gesserit were the best fighters, they
trained everyone else.

> Now, I was thinking about which kind of unit could be found in a Great
> House army :
> obviously tactical and assault units (basically IG stats) : this units
> could have weapons such as Mola pistols or things like that but no
> laser weapons.
> Heavy weapons units : equipped with lasers?
> No bike nor cavalry units
>
> Each House should have its own elite units : Corrino House needn't them
> but Atreides should have some Fremen+elite warriors (those who have been
> trained by Duncan Idaho and Gurney Halleyk), for the Harkonnen, I don't
> know.

The Harkonnen would have some sort of elite, probably slaves. Remember when
Feyd Rautha had that knife fight. They would be like Skaven Assasins.

Hey, complete on-topic post. Anybody think about making assasins for E40K.
Like you mark in on the detachment sheet, and then replace him with one of
you units during a CC and he kicks ass?

Tyler
Semper Fi