Re: [Epic] Warlord Battlegroups

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:30:32 GMT

At 10:13 AM 28/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>OK guys, I have a question for you all: how would you arm a long-range
>Warlord Battlegroup? I want to put one together as I have a bunch of
>titan weapons and a few Warlord sprues laying around, BUT I hardly ever
>use titans myself and when I have to face off against them they are
>almost always armed with short/medium ranged stuff. What I'm really
>looking for is 3 titans each with some individuality (ie, I don't want
>3 titans armed with the same exact weapons) that are able to support
>each other reasonably well. Ideas?
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

"Long Range" would be longer than 75cm in my opinion, so, as there are only
a handful of range 100cm weapons, I would stock up on those.

(Good for popping those pesky Tempests or Overlord Airships or squat SHV's...)

I don't go for individuality myself, so I would arm the titans with the same
stuff and deploy them with a maximun spread (25cm) to cover as much of the
battlefield as possible. For fire support I would deploy some Heavy troops
(to take down Void shields before the big guns open up) and some CC troops
around the base of the titans to give support against hordes of CC which
might (or might not!) be forthcoming...

(Check my radical theory about how titans are nowhere near as vulnerable to
CC as we have always imagined...)

As to the titans themselves, I would be thinking about either three Quake
Canons and a Volcano Canon, or two of each. Centreline canons are a
personal choice, but I would say "yes" on a "long range" battlegroup.

Three titans the same may not be aesthetically pleasing, but I think that
they would probably do the job...

Agro