Re: [Epic] Newbie Questions

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 23:58:51 -0500

> Anyways, enough reminiscing.. Hows about a few "newbie questions"?
>
> First off, if I read the rules correctly, the Space Marine Land Raiders
> seem awful tough! 2 shots/turn, hit on 4+? Is that right? The rulebook says
> "2x anti-tank". Very powerful...

You are reading it correctly, and LR's are very powerful. I think they
probably should cost a little more. One point that is not (currently)
clearly explained in the rule book is how AT's work with blast markers.
One blast marker reduces your detachment by 1 FP or by 1 SHW. The
choice is yours if you have both types of weapons in your detachment.
In the case of a pure LR detachment, each blastmarker will cost
you the chance to fire 1 AT shot.

> Secondly, the description of the Space Marine Scouts says they are not as
> well armored as the regular Marines, but the stats chart shows them as
> being the SAME except add Infiltrator.. am I missing something?

Noticed that, did you? I'm afraid you aren't missing anything.
I suppose Scouts know how to better use incidental cover or something...

> Another thing: It's kinda unclear about bikes/boarz.. does each piece
> represent one unit, or does a stand of 3 equal a unit? One Marine combat
> bike has a firepower of 2; The ork battlewagons only Have a fp of 1..
> Doesn't seem right.

A stand of three bikes is considered one unit and has a firepower of 2.
This is just like infantry. A stand of 5 marines is considered one
unit and has a total firepower of 1 (doubled to two on overwatch).

> Also, if anyone has any advice, tips, stories, etc.. we'd LOVE to hear
> them..

Stick around and I'm sure you'll get lots of what you're looking for here.
Welcome to the list. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/amccarle/
Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html