Re: [Epic] Newbie Questions

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 12:35:48 -0400

> > Secondly, the description of the Space Marine Scouts says they are not as
> > well armored as the regular Marines, but the stats chart shows them as
> > being the SAME except add Infiltrator.. am I missing something?
>
> The save doesn't reflect armour alone. Scouts are excellent infiltrators,
> and in 40K they operate in a dispersed formation, this would make them
> harder to kill as a squad, therefore their armour can remain as high as a
> marine's.

Again, did the Marines forget to do this when they quit the scouts for the
marines. And on the same topic in another game, in WH40K you use scouts to lay
booby traps, and in Chambers of the Horned Rat from issue 199 (I've been reading
my old WD since I don't have a subscription anymore) Andy Chambers figures he
can't give this player the booby traps strategy card because he lost all his
scouts in a previous battle. So what, do Marines forget to lay boobytraps once
they leave the Scouts corp?

Tyler