RE: [Epic] epic 40k Eldar player: getting killed by artillery Help!!!

From: William Rood <wrood_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:26:07 -0400

>Give me any suggestions. I'm tired of getting my butt kicked.

Some suggestions:

* I have always used the theory of triangular deployment to both reduce
losses and increase firepower. You have three detachments, 1. a screening
unit of low cost troops like guardians mounted in vehicles (but initally
deployed outside of the vehicles and in front of them), 2. a heavy firepower
unit like falcons or aspects deployed inside vehicles, 3. a specility unit
like spinners or assault troops. The three units are deployed in an
equilateral triangle, with the distances of each side being the shortest
range of all three units weapons. During the initial barrage, this usually
reduces maximum damage the enemy can inflict. During your phases,
concentrate on keeping the formation, deviating only to gather greater cover
or better lines of sight. Keeping the size of each detachment low will also
increase the surviability of your army even though it lessens the
surviability of each singular detachment.

* Another swift tactic is to use Swooping Hawks aspect detachments. There
is very little artillery in the game that can withstand 10 Swooping Hawk
stands on assault orders with exarchs on every stand, and 1 out of 3 stands
with warlocks.

* Obvious final suggestion, tell your oppenent it isnt fun for you anymore,
and would he please try a different combination of forces.

William Rood - Systems Development
            Dow Jones and Company, Inc.
            Princeton, NJ