RE: [Epic] Newbie Questions

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:12:07 -0600

Just to clear up a few things, I thought I'd post this.

(on the Epic Space Marine Scouts vs. 40k Space
Marine Scouts thread)

Scouts in 40k aren't as tough as "normal" Marines,
have weaker armor, are less accurate at ballistics,
and break just a bit more than "normal" Marines.

Here's the 40k stats to compare the 2.

Scouts
Toughness 3
Armor Save 4+
Ballistic Skill 3
Leadership 7

Marines
Toughness 4
Armor Save 3+
Ballistic Skill
Leadership 8

The differences are slight, and I know that GW's
response to this situation would be "The differences
aren't enough to make a difference when it comes
to Epic".

My view on this (playing Dark Angels in 40k and Epic)
is that Scouts do differ from normal Marines, even enough
to warrant different stats in Epic. Having played with Scouts
in both games, I can tell you that the Epic Scouts are much
more powerful in Epic than in 40k.

Does anyone have any "homemade" rules for Scouts in Epic?

Jonathan Westmoreland
Innocence proves nothing.