Re: [Epic] Newbie Questions

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 18:34:16 +0000

Jonathan Westmoreland wrote:

> Just to clear up a few things, I thought I'd post this.
>
> (on the Epic Space Marine Scouts vs. 40k Space
> Marine Scouts thread)
>
> Scouts in 40k aren't as tough as "normal" Marines,
> have weaker armor, are less accurate at ballistics,
> and break just a bit more than "normal" Marines.
>
> Here's the 40k stats to compare the 2.
>
> Scouts
> Toughness 3
> Armor Save 4+
> Ballistic Skill 3
> Leadership 7
>
> Marines
> Toughness 4
> Armor Save 3+
> Ballistic Skill
> Leadership 8
>
> The differences are slight, and I know that GW's
> response to this situation would be "The differences
> aren't enough to make a difference when it comes
> to Epic".
>
> My view on this (playing Dark Angels in 40k and Epic)
> is that Scouts do differ from normal Marines, even enough
> to warrant different stats in Epic. Having played with Scouts
> in both games, I can tell you that the Epic Scouts are much
> more powerful in Epic than in 40k.
>
> Does anyone have any "homemade" rules for Scouts in Epic?

In my E41K project Space Marine overhaul project (number 3 of about 42)
Scouts will have the following stats line:

Scouts 10cm 30cm 1 2 4+ Infiltrators, Stubborn.

Note that they will not have Rapid Fire and that their armor is 1 less
than normal marines, and that their assault value is 1 less. For those
people that do keep track of these things, this stat line is the same as
a generic orc but better than an IG trooper in both armor and assault
values.

--
Silliness is the last refused of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com