Re: [Epic] Newbie Questions

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:55:32 -0400 (EDT)

Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...> writes:
> Here's the 40k stats to compare the 2.
>
> Scouts
> Toughness 3
> Armor Save 4+
> Ballistic Skill 3
> Leadership 7
>
> Marines
> Toughness 4
> Armor Save 3+
> Ballistic Skill
> Leadership 8
>
> The differences are slight, and I know that GW's
> response to this situation would be "The differences
> aren't enough to make a difference when it comes
> to Epic".

        I'm pretty sure that they did it so they wouldn't have to
create a new unit type. E40k seems to revolve around a small number
of units and the rest are created with upgrades. Scouts have inferior
stats to all aspect warrior types, are about the same as Orks, and are
a shade better than IG. (1 point of armor?)

Mark