RE: [Epic] 3000 pt battle coming up

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:32:54 -0400

> > and, while on the subject, i have to bitch a bit about the land raider
> > debate. sure, they are VERY good tanks. but look at the space marine
> > army as a whole. they have NO death rays, poopy artillery, and
> NO TITANS.
> > Basically, the LR is their BEST weapon. and I know lots of people ally,
> > but I think that it's a cheap way to cover the weaknesses of an army.
>
> Uhm, I think you misunderstand the army lists. Marines are part of the
> Imperium army, which also includes deaths rays, titans, flyers
> etc. How else
> do you get Thunderhawks, since they're considered Imperial Flyers
> but can only
> be used by Marines?

Besides which, I just think Titans go well with Marines. Maybe I associate
them because of the 2nd edition Space Marine, which came with a lot of Space
Marines and a Warlord Titan (which certainly wasn't intended to be used by
the Orks or the Eldar in the box!).

I haven't been mixing any Imperial Guard into my army yet, but I do like
Titans with my Space Marines. (Here's an opening for you bug players to
say, "Yes, they add some nice crunchiness to the meal.")

andy