Re: [Epic][Q] Eldar Detachments

From: Carl Billen <Carl.Billen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:46:51 +0200

>Just of recent started venturing into the Eldar set and noticed that unlike
>the Marines and Gaurd. Eldar is seemingly very restrictive in terms of
>vehicle deployment. The Engines of Vaul for example, from what I see in
the
>rules book, you can't have both a Cobra SHGT(SuperHeavyGravTank) and a
>Scorpion SHGT as part of the same detachment..even if you only have one of
>each, will the Imperial gaurd allows one to have both a Shadowsword and
>Baneblade together in a detachment...Yet, I suppose there can be some
>advantage taken with this.

You CAN have different Engines of Vaul in the same detachment; it's just
badly worded. Your detachment can have a maximum of 3 War Engines, and they
may be mixed. (I beleive I asked this same question one year ago ^_-). In
one of the WD where they describe an Eldar army, you will actually see a det
consisting on 1 Cobra and 1 Scorpion.

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...