Re: [Epic][Q] Eldar Detachments

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:51:01 +0200 (MESZ)

> Just of recent started venturing into the Eldar set and noticed that unlike
> the Marines and Gaurd. Eldar is seemingly very restrictive in terms of
> vehicle deployment. The Engines of Vaul for example, from what I see in the
> rules book, you can't have both a Cobra SHGT(SuperHeavyGravTank) and a
> Scorpion SHGT as part of the same detachment..even if you only have one of

No? I think you can mix them in one det.

> each, will the Imperial gaurd allows one to have both a Shadowsword and
> Baneblade together in a detachment...Yet, I suppose there can be some
> advantage taken with this.
>
> The main thrust of my quandry though is with the smaller vehicles in that
> they seem to be entirely used for support of an Infantry detachment. I wish
> to know if I can run with vehicles and avoid investing in a Warhost box?

As the Army list is written - no. Maybe we make up an eldar armour det?

suggestion:

main force:
only possible selection: one falcon per slot

support: everything which the normal eldar det contains in either main
force or support

command: just +25 points

DV

Post office does not deliver mail without postage. And sometimes, even
with.