Re: [Epic] 3000 pt battle coming up

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 11:17:42 -0400

> A lot of people go by old fluff which means IG and Marines are allies.
> T-hawk: GW really screwed up there. They are crewed by marines, they are a
> marine flyer, not an imperial one.

Yes and no. I think T-hawks should be allowed in the same detachments as
Thunderbolts so they didn't screw up. The problem is that if you take T-hawks an
opponent can argue that you are taking Imperial units, and thus your Strategy Rating
is reduced. Only an army composed solely of Marine Detachments benefit from the high
strategy rating. Makes sense, but I also think that it should be either the majority
of the troops involved, or the Supreme Commander that dictates Strategy Rating, not
troop composition, because it is the leader that does strategy, it is the troops
that provide moral.

Tyler