Re: [Epic] 3000 pt battle coming up

From: <Aries62_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:39:08 EDT

<< > 1. Space Marines and IG/Adeptus Mechanicus are _seperate armies_. That
> is how they are meant to be played. I believe that in all but the largest
> of battles (eg 6000+ points) they should be played seperately.

The game designer just recently stated in a WD that assumed most players would
run a mixed force of IG, Marines and the Titan Legions and admitted he was a
bit surprised by all the people playing just the Marines by themselves. I
thought this made perfect sense. The Marines take the beach head with
thunderhawks and/or drop pods and the IG follow on to hold it with numbers,
air support and the massed firepower of artillery.