Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 10:45:27 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> How come no one complains about Chaos having Land Raiders, it's the same
> cost.

Because up until recently, no one was able to field Chaos armies as they
were not available. The old-timers who had them usually play SM/TL
instead.

> Not that I'm complaining, if you take a balanced approach to army creation
> then any unit is good. I personally like to take Land Raiders for my command
> units in Marine Infantry detachments, gives me some nice killing power to
> support the infantry. I do not however, take Land Raiders as Support Units.
> And I only use 4-6 land raiders in an army. I have 12

They are way under priced. I'd make one of two changes ...

1. Make their AT attacks hit on 5 or 6s instead of 4+
2. Treat all AT shots as 1 FP unless shooting at vehicles.

Aaron