Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 17:36:46 -0600

Jonathan Westmoreland wrote:

> I've been waiting for this one.
>
> Seeing how Chaos can not only take Land Raiders, but
> Predators, Daemon Engines, and Imperial Guard tanks
> (also artillery. I don't have the Armies book in front of
> me, so I can't verify this). All of this comes from being
> able to field not only Chaos, but Daemon detachments
> and Chaos Cult detachments.
>
> I can see some really, really evil Chaos armies coming
> out in August (when the Chaos stuff is finally released).
>
> Being a Chaos player who has yet to field a Chaos army
> under the new rules, I like this. But, what about everyone
> else?
>
> Have any of the other Chaos players fielded one of these
> mostly vehicle forces? If so, how did it fare?
>
> For everyone else, do you get the feeling that Chaos will
> be even more evil than Marines? (I do.)
>
> Jonathan Westmoreland
> Innocence proves nothing.
>
> The mostly vehicle forces play identical to imperial force, except that
> demon engines can be expensive targets without a lot of terrain.

Chaos marines mysteriously cost 1 point more than any equivalent normal
marine unit; some don't even get stubborn and you have to buy the ability.
They are vital to get demons into cc without a lopsided firefight.
Lord's of Charge are really cool, an I hope to field several units of them
some day!

I'm still considering selling my Chaos, but a lot of it looks really good
and breaking up is hard to do.

Thane