Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:11:46 -0500

Andy Skinner wrote:

> I can see a whole mob of those little buggies all lined up in front of
> Elias's mobs of tanks. Not everything that is one model is worth taking out
> with your AT shots. On the other hand, I've wondered about throwing the AT
> dice (maybe use a different color) with the FP dice, and allocating in the
> same way. Or even having AT dice (again, a different color) just be treated
> as the die roll +1. But I'm more interested in saving the time it takes to
> specify and remember what was being targeted, than in trying to reduce the
> effectiveness of targeting.

What we do is you allocate the A/T shots before you roll them.
Example:
I have my "1st Company" open up on your War host. 1st company has 7 land
raiders. I grab 14 dice and say, ok, your psyker gets 3 (put 3 dice next to
him), your commander gets 2 (2 dice) and the rest are evenly spread over that
heard of pansies over there. (they get nine dice). The Terminators are going to
fire at the other group 'o elder. (they get a hand full of dice). I then
pick up the dice in order and roll them to see effects. And yes I bring 50+
dice to most games.