Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 12:29:09 -0400

Tyler Provick wrote:

> > Because no one plays Chaos? =) And they're really
> > not the same cost because of the whole Stubborn thing.
>
> I've never heard anyone complaining that LR had stubborn, it's the two AT
> weapons that people don't like.

        No one's complaining about SM LRs having Stubborn,
but the original question was along the lines of, "How come
no one complains about Chaos LRs since they cost the same as
SM LRs?" Technically, they do cost the same, but you get a
little less for the points, so Chaos LRs are not as under-
priced as SM LRs. I know, 1 or 2 points, big deal, but it's
something.

        The real reason, I think, is that tons of people
(probably the majority of Epic players) play SM armies, and
so the SM armylist has been subjected to more abuse than
the others.

> Again I've never had a problem even when my
> opponent fielded two detachments in a 1000 pts game, one LR with infantry
> support and the other Infantry with Land Raider Support.

        Depends on how you use them, too, and how the other
player reacts to them. Massed LRs on OW are nasty, and tough
to break up.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The only thing to fear is fearlessness" - REM