Re: RE: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:41:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Chad Matlick wrote:

> Personally, I think any game that attempts to emulate the game mechanics
> of 40K on a larger scale is doomed to failure. From my perspective, I care
> very little about how Epic compares to 40K (which I also play), and more
> about how it functions as an autonomous game.

the effects should be the same between both games, its just that epic
plays it out much faster than WH40k can(or should).

if 9 ork bikes can be whipped by 3 leman russes every time in WH40k, this
should also happen in epic. I agree though, that the time scale/movement
scale between the 2 games is not a fixed ratio. Who know what kind of
fudge factor is worked in.

>If you are attempting to
> make everything click nicely, the LR usually includes a heavy bolter,
> IIRC, which is effectively ignored in the Epic rules. This could explain
> its effectiveness against infantry stands.

KInd of agree. If ork Braincrusha cannons can get misplaced, so can the
LR's H bolters. Things got translated to epic40k in odd ways....

however, if someone wanted to pay an extra point or two for one extra Fp
for a LR, I wouldn't get worked up about it.

**
mike
**