Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:59:07 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:
<major snippage>

> Basically if you are using the entire Chapter in the game, and you
> have 12 Land
> Raiders, then I won't complain. Especially if you use them as support
> for an
> infantry detachment, spread out over the entire army, since that is
> what a
> Marine army is, tank supported infantry, as opposed to infantry
> supported tanks
> (IG)
>
> If you take them all in Armour detachments, then it is unfluffy

Depends on where you get your fluff. Land Raiders, and large numbers of
them have ALWAYS been an inportant part of ALL the Epic system games,
dating back to "Space Marine" 1st Ed. A 1st Ed Space Marine regiment
(3 battalions of 3 companies of 3 platoons) was allowed up to 12
platoons of Land Raiders. (2 LR per platoon). Source WD126. You can
see the Epic 40K version of this army list at
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/detachments/imperial/horus.htm

Ultramarines (i.e the legions who's practices were to be codified as the
standard after the Horus wars were allowed UNLIMITED Land Raiders (
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/detachments/imperial/Legion-E30K.html#Ultramarines
) and had a limit on the number of Tactical platoons they could have.
Again basic source is WD126.

2nd Ed (aka SM/TL) of course had "Land Raider Company" cards. Which
had, IIRC 10 land raiders in it. At least 10, maybe 12.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus