Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:57:53 -0500

The Forgotten Spice Girl wrote:

> the ever so cheap and effective Rhinos. And, I just had a thought.
> I don't know if anyone else noticed or really cared, but how about the
> fact that Rhino's now have a FP rating of 0? I can see how this might (I
> say might) help balance out the power of the land raider. Heck, the Rhino
> used to be almost identical to a tactical marine stand. Now, it's
> basically the classic steel box on treads that it is in 40k.

SM/TL had the Rhino way wrong. Its got the same weapon that ONE bike
has. So if anything, its got 1/3 of a point of fp.

> Final Point: I would encourage all of you who are having trouble with
> power gamers to stop playing with them. I know all about those kind of
> people, it's one of the main reasons I don't play 40k as often as I used
> to. I can tell you one thing though, if you stop playing with the power
> boys, they will soon either quit or reform their wicked ways. The best
> way to have fun is to agree to some set limits before a game with your
> opponents. It has always worked wonders for me. Despite the fact that
> many armies of all of GW's games have definate cheese factors in them,
> they can all be solved long before the game begins! And remember that
> this is a game, and the number one rule should be HAVE FUN!!!!!

The fact that power gamer like something doesn't change the fact that it
is underpriced. Land Raiders are cool and I'd like to use them except
they give me an unfair advantage, and that NOT FUN.