Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 15:54:06 -0500

Mike Looney - ionet wrote:

> > 1000 chapters with 1000 men is 1 million men. In WWII, on the east
> > front, the russians lost 20 times that number. The entire Ultramarine
> > chapter would have been crushed by the Red Army.
> >

> In one afternoon, with out raising a sweat. 1,000 men? That's an
> undersized brigade.

Especially when Space Marines still haven't figured out what "artillery
support" means.

> > Also, the drivers for all the SM vehicles are space marines themselves
> >
> > and so count against the 100 men/company limit. You wouldn't be able
> > field 20 stands from one company if you had Rhino's or Land Raiders
> > transporting them as some of those stands would be in the vehicles.
> >

> Ah, the C:UM says that they are assigned from the armor companies to the
> captains of the infantry companies. Therefore they don't count vs 100
> men.

I would argue this point because it also mentions that the pilots of
Land Speeders are taken from one of the Assault Companies (hence the
markings)

> > Hopefully a minor rule change to inprove the balance of the game. I
> > currently support 1 fp vs infantry and must shoot at closest vehicle
> > otherwise.
> >

> Why? Aside from the fact that WH40K does the "closest vehicle" thing?

The fact that thats how all fire (even artillery) is resolved.

Aaron