Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 16:19:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Tyler Provick wrote:

> > .The Heavy Gear Threat Value(points) system for vehicle creation
> > just makes me ill--
> >
> No reasoning behind the statement, just plain negativity.

Heh- looks like I stepped on a Pod persons toes here. Sorry.
That part of the HG system just left me cold. Its not the worst system
ever wrote,far from it, in fact, as its well written and developed. It
just didn't click. I just don't like the idea of needing a scientific
calculator to refigure the cost of a gear when modifications are done. The
design rules, IMO, should have been much better, as the rest of the
rulessystems are quite good.

 For "plain negativity" try this- The HG background fluff really sucks. I
didn't think anyone could come up with a worse background that the ones in
Mekton II or Warzone, but DP9 came thru.

**
mike
**