Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 00:17:41 -0400

> For "plain negativity" try this- The HG background fluff really sucks. I
> didn't think anyone could come up with a worse background that the ones in
> Mekton II or Warzone, but DP9 came thru.
>
> **
> mike
> **

  You wouldn't happen to be American would you. Personally I find the HG
background a little too political (Much Anti-americanism if viewed in the
correct light) plus their extreme detail makes GM's feel a little worried that
they'll ruin the storyline. Plus they've put out so many books (while they are
still pretty inexpensive compared to some games I play ermEpic) that it is
impossible to keep up. But if you enjoy political intrigue in your games then
HG is excellent, it's basically a cold war between two idealized versions of
the States and Canada. Which is why I ask if you are American, because you may
have been put off by the blatant slanders aimed at your country by the game.
Me, I'm getting into Tribe 8, in fact as soon as their webpage comes online
I'll be dropping Jean Carriers a note asking what is planned for the line
(because when you send a letter to one of the creators of HG he answers.)

I'll only say one more thing in my defence about being a Pod Person, when they
started their fanclub they got a bit delayed, and the project was even
considered cancelled. To make up for the cost of joining (30 Canadian Funds)
they promised to send two of their books as soon as they came off the press
with a total value of 40 American funds.
They decided that they could continue with the fanclub, and to reward all the
patient Pod People out there they sent one of the promised books as well as
the first newsletter.

Do you think GW will send us each a copy of the Chaos boxed set for being
patient while it kept getting pushed back. How about anybody who buys one of
the new titans gets an old titan as well, to make up for the fact that the
newer versions are considered by most to be not as good as the originals.

Tyler
I should be in bed