Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:19:42 -0600

Colen "Not Colin" McAlister wrote:

> Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...> scribbles:
> >How come no one complains about Chaos having Land Raiders, it's the same
> >cost.
> >
> >Not that I'm complaining, if you take a balanced approach to army creation
> >then any unit is good. I personally like to take Land Raiders for my command
> >units in Marine Infantry detachments, gives me some nice killing power to
> >support the infantry. I do not however, take Land Raiders as Support Units.
> >And I only use 4-6 land raiders in an army. I have 12
>
> AoL... In all of my Space Marine armies, whatever the size, there is
> always a det of 5 Land Raiders, and no others. Sometimes the Supreme
> Commander And His Bodyguard have a LR for transport, but I never use the
> big 10-LR dets that some do.
>
> --
> Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <mailto:brother_morgan_at_...>
> IRC EFNet: #babylon5 and #warhammer ChanOp <http://surf.to/colen/>
> Thought for the day: UIN 13168333
> According to the Weather Channel, Hell just froze over.

  My SM armor detats typically have 3-5 LR's, 1 librarian and commander with
LR's, and 3 tac squads. In a 3000 point game I typically have 2 of these units.
My devastator copanies typically have an LR for each command unit, as do my tacs.
Generally that's a total of 18 LR's. It's a good balanced force.

In fact, lets do another round of favorite army lists. At least 2000 points. I'll
put a SM and a Tyrannid force tonight.

Thane