Re: HG eh? a little OT /Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:07:00 -0400

> DP9 as a company lives in a whole different universe when it comes to what
> it thinks of (and treats)its customers, compaired to GW.
> That outlook, is why I bought a few books from them. I went into it
> wanting to like it, but it just didn't work for me.
> They are not perfect, as I think it was a poor of them with that scalesize
> changeover from 1/87, but the few gears that I own will still make nice
> collector pieces, as they are cool designs in that VOTOMS kind of way.
>
> **
> mike
> **

  Mike, perhaps we should take this to private e-mail, not just because it is
off-topic, but because I'd like to talk to someone else who has played. Plus
on Monday I'm picking up a copy of Tribe 8, and so far the background looks
kick ass, another us vs. them, but still interesting.

The scale question is because the players wanted it, and because the larger
scale was way too big, DP9 wanted groundscale and model scale to be the same
because they invested so much in realism that having the difference in scales
bugged them. Plus Ramf sucks and they could do the smaller scale in house.
Personally with all the problems with molding and missing parts, once you got
a gear painted they looked really great, especially with a nice camo scheme.

Tyler