Re: HG eh? a little OT /Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 21:44:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Tyler Provick wrote:

> Mike, perhaps we should take this to private e-mail, not just because it is
> off-topic, but because I'd like to talk to someone else who has played.

What? too off topic on the SM list? With posts on Spice girls and Fremen
playing football? Might as well fill up the list with posts that atleast
contain some content that relates to gaming with metal minis :-D

> on Monday I'm picking up a copy of Tribe 8, and so far the background looks
> kick ass, another us vs. them, but still interesting.

I've not heard much on this-- care to fill in with some more details?

The odd thing is that the local gameshop had no troubles with the 1/87th
minis missing parts(but like you said, the quality was spotty) When I
heard they were dropping the contract, I thought they would make them in
the same scale. Then the rumors they would be smaller- so I wished for DP9
to go for 6mm. oh well.

> Personally with all the problems with molding and missing parts, once you got
> a gear painted they looked really great, especially with a nice camo scheme.

almost too fragile to game with, unless you pinned everything. Looks cool
though. I'd still like to get that 1/35 resin gear someday.

Now THAT would be a gaming scale--54mm! oh yeah !

**
mike
**