HG eh? a little OT /Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 11:21:46 -0500 (CDT)

You are right with your outlook on the HG background. Its almost too
narrow, too focused. I do like the idea that the timeline moves, but like
Btech, anytime a story advances in a large jump, there is that chance of
some players not liking it. I did get a few chuckles out of the fluff, but
I feel that it would have been better had it been more than a simple "us
vs. them" storyline. Having more "non-aligned" nations or mercs would have
been nice.

DP9 as a company lives in a whole different universe when it comes to what
it thinks of (and treats)its customers, compaired to GW.
That outlook, is why I bought a few books from them. I went into it
wanting to like it, but it just didn't work for me.
They are not perfect, as I think it was a poor of them with that scalesize
changeover from 1/87, but the few gears that I own will still make nice
collector pieces, as they are cool designs in that VOTOMS kind of way.

**
mike
**