[Epic] Re: Overwatch & indirect artillery

From: <REMPORT131_at_...>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:49:14 EDT

I see we need a new topic for discussion.

How many of you believe as I do, that any artillery ( disrupt, barrage , hvy
barrage) in epic should not be allowed to go into Overwatch unless they have
LOS.

Overwatch indicates that they are taking careful preparations to fire. How can
they prepare if they cannot even see their target. I understand that observers
could help them but to me its not the same as actually seeing where the rounds
land. Besides, artillery in WWII was never able to wipe out entire detachments
anyway. I was meant to soften up the other army for the main attack. If WWII
artillery was written up as EPIC it would probably be rated with Disrupt
abillity not Barrage or Heavy Barrage. I have nothing against artillery in
EPIC I just wish that it was written a bit more realisticly.

What do you guys aroud the world think?