Re: HG eh? a little OT /Re: [Epic] Chaos Land Raiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:41:00 -0400

Tribe 8 is their newest line. Features the timewatch system, the silhoutte system
with a new system for synthesis (Dream Magic) Post apocolyptical, aliens came and
enslaved everyone, Goddess created 8 avatars, Baba Yaga, Joshua, Joan, Dehlia,
Mary, Magdalena, and 2 others that I forget. In the process of freeing themselves
from their evil alien overlords Joshua is killed, but utters a prophecy that he
will return to lead his tribe (The eighth tribe of course) and all of humanity to
true freedom. Other Fatimas are nice, but if you piss them off, don't like them, or
are not born to one of the seven tribes then you are an outcast, so they really
aren't that nice. The prophecy is coming true, Joshua may be returning to lead his
tribe to freedom.

Interestingly the games line editor mentioned something about Squats. Perhaps
they're fishing for more people disenchanted with GW

> I've not heard much on this-- care to fill in with some more details?
> almost too fragile to game with, unless you pinned everything. Looks cool
> though. I'd still like to get that 1/35 resin gear someday.

Pinning wasn't a problem, plus the minis were between 5-10 bucks in Canada

> Now THAT would be a gaming scale--54mm! oh yeah !

Naah, I like the GREL that is based on a gear's hand. Considered by those in the
business of garage kits (Gremlins in the Garage Mailing List) to be one of the
nicest kits, little clean-up required, almost no sculpting, lots of pieces for
posability. The only complaint is that Fusion Models did not include any transfers,
which are generally usefull with vehicle models.

Tyler