Re: [Epic] Mapping software

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:45:36 -0400

Chris Pinson wrote:

> Hiya all,
>
> does anyone know any software to generate maps ??? Even better, one which can generate 3d maps ???
>
> This would be great for battle reports.
>
> Cheers.

I''ve seen Adobe Photoshop do some very nice work. It was used to create the relief map that was seen
in the HG computer game. The actaul version is nicer then seen in the game, and the orginal can be
found in the HG rulebook 2nd Ed. (Which doesn't make anything obsolete, it was just a better layout)

I've been playing with adobe myself, and with some practice you can make some nice contour maps, and
if you have a ounce of talent you can make some very nice relief maps, however with larger scales they
become very large, the Wormgears map was created in tiny sections and then pasted together.

What I like most about Adobe is the layers feature, which allows you to draw your basic terrain, and
then manipulate armies on top of that without having to re-draw the map.

Tyler