Re: [Epic] Re:Gargant Assembly Tips Needed

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 07:26:15 -0600

anvil_at_... wrote:

> Erik D6stberg wrote:
>
> > > Hi everyone,
> > By the way, what's the general opinion on the Fog of War scenario?
> > Are the missions reasonably balanced etc?
> > I haven't tried it out, but was planning to do so soon.
> >
> > Erik O
>
> I have found FOW to be a great deal of fun, but the game really breaks
> down over about 2000 pts. 1500 - 1600 seems to be ideal, and play on a
> 4x4 table. Some of the scenarios would be impossible (or nearly) on a
> 4x8 table and the turn limit suggested. A plus to this method of play
> (as I've said before) is you can play 2 or 3 games an evening. This lets
> you try all kinds of tactics. I don't know how everyone else does it (
> but I'd be interested to learn) but I only get to play once or twice a
> month. 2 or 3 games a session really feeds that epic monkey.
>
> anvil

You may want to try limiting the choices a bit to keep the games a bit
closer to balanced; i.e. remove all of the cards with 25% or 50% forces for
larger games, remove all of the cards at 75% or 100% for smaller games. use
only 50% / 75% for medium games. This will give the hidden variety of
missions and campaign-like choices of what to actually take, without have
750 points square off against 3000.

Thane