Re: [Epic] Dune (First Numbers-Long)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:32:57 -0600

DeconSolo_at_... wrote:

> Unit Spd Rng FP Asslt Armor
> Special
> Sardaukar 10 30 1 2
> 5+ Stubborn, rapid Fire
> Freemen 10 15 1 4
> 4+ Stubborn, Assault
> House Reg. 10 30 1 1 3+
> House Loy. 10 30 1 1
> 3+ Stubborn
>
> Upgrades- Harkonnen (Hvy Weapons); Atreides (Rapid Fire); Ordos
> (Infiltrators);
> Lasers (AT shot); Shields (save)
>
> Lasers and Shields- If a Laser unit hits a Shielded unit, which makes its
> save, then place a 1" template centered on each unit. The two units are
> automatically destroyed, and all other units under the template are hit on a
> 4+. Only applies if the shielded unit makes its save.
>
> Carry All Flier 0 0 0
> 3+ Transport (1)
> Assault Lander Flier 30 8 1 5+
> Transport (6)
>
> That's what I got. I think I've incorporated all the appropriate changes for
> abilities. Let me know....
> Josh

That looks really good. I would make the Srdaukaur CC3; they were terrors to all
houses except Fremen. the Rapid Fire for Atreides makes sense for the movie, but
having Assault would seem more appropriate to the books.
Just use the normal barrage template for the Laser/ Shield effect; it was really
powerful, and we don't have to make new templates.

The house loyalists look just like IG, so thats a good start for points. I think
that there were posts last year about the "formula" for working out points, and I
may have one myself lying around from when I made the Squat Army List.

Good Work.

Thane