Re: [Epic] Dune (First Numbers-Long)

From: <DeconSolo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:48:36 EDT

Ok gang, here's what my deluded and deranged mind has produced.......
A few notes, 1) I tried to do things so as not to limit the potential battles
strictly to Arrakis. I hope that any Lansraad war could be fought with these.
2) The time period is post Atreides take over, prior to the death of Leto.
3) I did take the Ordos from the game, as I needed something more to expand
with. 4) Vehicles I'm still hemming and hawing over. Not sure what there
should be, and what to base them off of. I may steal the ones from the pc
game. 5) I recall there being artillery in the Harkonnen invasion, but
didn't see a need to modify the standard IG stuff. Can somebody confirm the
existence of Art'y? 6) These are rough, 1st draft stuff, with no point
values. I suck at pv's, so if someone could take up that end? And now for
something completely different, the stats...

Unit Spd Rng FP Asslt
Armor Special
Sardaukar 10 30 1 2
5+ Stubborn, rapid Fire
Freemen 10 15 1 4
4+ Stubborn, Assault
House Reg. 10 30 1 1
3+
House Loy. 10 30 1 1
3+ Stubborn

Upgrades- Harkonnen (Hvy Weapons); Atreides (Rapid Fire); Ordos
(Infiltrators);
Lasers (AT shot); Shields (save)

Lasers and Shields- If a Laser unit hits a Shielded unit, which makes its
save, then place a 1" template centered on each unit. The two units are
automatically destroyed, and all other units under the template are hit on a
4+. Only applies if the shielded unit makes its save.

Carry All Flier 0 0 0
3+ Transport (1)
Assault Lander Flier 30 8 1
5+ Transport (6)

That's what I got. I think I've incorporated all the appropriate changes for
abilities. Let me know....
                                                                         Josh