RE: [Epic] Vortex Missile against shields

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:32:32 PDT

Tu as �crit :

> Ok - a rules questions then .... played a 3000 SM/IG vs orks >over
>the weekend. The "meeting" engagement scenario. I had a reaver >titan
with
>deathstrike that I shot at the ork great gargant getting 3 critical
>hits.
>(it survived) but hte question is did those 3 hits also take down 3
power
>fields?

IIRW a vortex missile can't inflict critical hits on titans/gargants
with active fields. For example a gargant with 6 shields is hit by a
missile vortex (1d6 death raies : result = 3 hits), it will lose 3
shields but will not suffer any critical damage. But of course each hit
can go through the Ork shield on a 6+, in that case and only in that
case you can inflict critical damages against a Gargant with active
powerfields.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/17/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/