Re: [Epic] Horus Heresy and Warhammer 401(k)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:16:35 -0400

Tzeentch wrote:

<snip quotes>
> Pretty cut and dried. Rogal Dorn and Sanguinius teleport aboard the ship
> along with the Adeptus Custodes (I believe the old Space Marine/Adeptus
> Titanicus says ALL the AC go up).

        There *is* talk in one of the RT-era books of the Emporer
teleporting to Horus' command bunker, although I forget in which
book it appears. One explination for the contradictions that I
liked is that these events took place so far in the past that they
have become legends, and in the process of being passed around
have splintered into different interpretations. Just like a lot
of legends we have today - did King Arthur pull Excalibur from
the stone or did the Lady of the Lake give it to him?

> Note that the attack on earth came very quickly after the treachery of Horus
> was uncovered. I REALLY doubt Chaos can mutate quite that fast and that the
> Traitors were full fledged Chaos Marines. Especially since that would
> contradict a lot of the recent fluff as well (pray tell, explain to me how
> the Rubic was cast on the Thousand Sons before the final battle? :) )

        The whole Rubic crapola takes place after the failure
of the rebellion - it says as much in the Chaos Codex. And chaos
marines are no longer mutated freaks - CSMs are just SMs with
funky weapons and without the Shaken ability. So I don't see
why the traitors couldn't have been full-fledged Chaos Marines...

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"My mind is going... I can feel it." - 2001