Re: [Epic] Heroic actions

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:29:14 PDT

Alan a �crit :

>As for "Heroic Actions" a la SM1, I proposed some awhile ago, but they
>were incomplete. The basic idea that I had was that any stand with
>"Hero" ability ( NOT save) could perform a Heroic Action: The results
>would depend on a Die roll: 1-2 Hero Dies (no save) 3-4 No effect 5-6
>Success!
>The results of a success, and the appropriate fluff for failure etc
>would depend on the action chosen.
>
>Example:
>IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE CLOSE COMBAT PHASE:
>"The Leader heroicly throws himself under an enemy vehicle, clutching
>some Krack grenades, and...."
>1-2 ..mistimes it, and gets Squashed by the treads
>3-4 ..the grenades detonate, but don't pierce the armour.
>5-6 .. lands them on the engine grates. The enemy vehicle explodes!
>(One
>enemy vehicle in contact with the stand takes a hit, Hero's owners'
>choice which one)

This could be very interesting as it would give some special "taste" to
the Epic SM captains, Big Bosses, etc...
I would restrict these rules to infantry command units with hero(as I
don't want to see any Ork Nob or Imperial Knight doing this kind of
actions).

But I must say that I don't really understand how all this works, could
you give us an example to illustrate these rules (I mean when do you try
the heroic action, how do you decide the target and the effects of the
attack, etc...)? Merci.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/17/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/