Re: [Epic] Heroic actions

From: <Bthom37a_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:01:38 EDT

> > me to! but it feels a bit to easy to be a hero. the stakes should be
higher!
> > you should really be forced to think before trying to do something heroic.
> > like a last option.
>
> I have to agree, If you've got 50-50 odds, it's going to
> become pretty common to attempt any time the going gets rough. Maybe
> 1-3 death, 4 push, 5-6 success?
>
> Mark

  Those numbers should be 1-3: death no save, 4-5: push, 6: success.
I could see anything else being a real pain in the patoot!

anvil>>

I believe that to compensate for the lower likelihood of success, perhaps the
results of push or success should result in the parent detachment removing d6
BMs (a one time benefit, so you can't have multiple heroes resulting in d6+xBM
removals), instead of d6-1BMs, to represent the inspirational effect of the
action. Obviously, if the Hero dies, no one is inspired. 'There goes the
Captain! Wow, look at him go! C'mon, first company, on your...' SPLAT!
'Never mind, first company, back in the mud!'

Brian