Re: [Epic] Heroic actions

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:47:20 +1000

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> Do you mean that for each situation you would have to check a specific
> chart to see what happens or that you may adapt the rules following the
> context (just keeping the "1-2 : death, 3-4 : nothing, 5-6 : success"
> rule)?

The only thing you HAVE to look up is what the effects would be of a
success, and under what circumstances you could make the attempt. In all
cases, 1-2 = death etc as you pointed out (I like to keep it simple).
Naturally, a set of charts could be provided giving "fluff" - a
rationale or raison d'etre for the action's effects, whether successful
or not, but this would be for purely cosmetic reasons.

Again, this is exactly what was done for Heroic Actions in SM1.

The examples - One hit on a vehicle, an extra BM on an enemy unit, a
slight increase in movement, are typical MINOR benefits. It would take
some playtesting to figure out what should be on the list. The only
other things I can think of would be:

Removal of Orders (ie the detachment goes on Normal orders).
Gain benefits(and penalties) of Rampage.

> By the way I like this. :)

Merci Beaucoup.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo