Re: [Epic] Heroic actions

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 06:37:08 PDT

>Bonjour, Francois. (Anyone else old enough to remember that old BBC
>French course? No? Oh well...)

Don't worry, I won't ask you to give examples in French, though we are
more and more Frenchies on the list... ;)

>These rules were adapted from the rules in SM1. Which had Heroic
>Actions
>as possibilities for Command Units.
>
>To expand on the example above:
>
>This would be possible when
>* The Hero is in base contact with an enemy vehicle.
>
>and happens
>* As soon as the enemy vehicle gets in contact with the Hero, in any
>phase.
>
>There is a limit of 1 heroic action per Hero per turn. Depending on
>playtesting, it may be wise to restrict it to units which are both
>Heros
>and Commanding the detachment, not other Heros (eg Nobz whose Warboss
>is
>still around). It may even be wise to restrict it to only SMs and >CSMs
>during the Horus Heresy, as the massive casualty rates amongst Heros
>doing this meant that Evolution caused all successors to be less
>"Heroic".
>
>Other possibilities:
>
>1)
>The Hero leaps from Cover, and crying "Follow Me!"....
>
>1-2 Is unceremoniously shot by an enemy sniper
>3-4 Is immediately forced to take cover by a hail of enemy fire
>5-6 Inspires his troops so they get to move an additional 10cm in the
>Assault phase.
>
>Preconditions:
>None
>
>When:
>At the beginning of the Assault phase.
>
>2)
>Screaming a Battle Cry, The Hero charges amongst the enemy, and
>
>1-2 Is cut down by a swift burst of gunfire
>3-4 Is repulsed by the enemy's firepower
>5-6 Throws the enemy into confusion so they take an additional Blast
>Marker
>
>Preconditions:
>Hero is in base-to-base contact with the enemy
>
>When:
>Immediately he comes into contact with an enemy unit.

Do you mean that for each situation you would have to check a specific
chart to see what happens or that you may adapt the rules following the
context (just keeping the "1-2 : death, 3-4 : nothing, 5-6 : success"
rule)?

By the way I like this. :)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/17/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/