Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 06:24:17 PDT

A Tyranid creature wrote :

>Help!
>
>Does anyone know if it is allowed to put units in tranports on
>overwatch
>orders and then drop them off in the movement phase.
>
>E.g. am I allowed to put my Biovores (which are inside an Assault
>Spawn) on
>overwatch, move my Assault Spawn 20cm, and the drop off the Biovores?

I don't remember any rule which could prevent this but I think it's not
very realistic...
You are on overwatch, this means that you are carrefuly watching around
you in order to bring death to all those fouls who are trying to kill
you but they can come, they'll see that you are a real biovore not one
of those worms... Heu, well, sorry... ;)
So, to be on overwatch I think you mustn't make too many movements in
order to stay concentrate on the enemy. When you've just disembarked
from a transport, you need time to reconnoitre the environment and you
are not concentrated enough to be effective. For these reasons, I would
not allow your proposition...

Now if there is no rule to prevent this and if your opponent agree, why
not? (but as we say in France, with enough "if" you can put Paris in a
bottle ;)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                  Under Construction

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/