Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:07:42 +0200 (MESZ)

> Does anyone know if it is allowed to put units in tranports on overwatch
> orders and then drop them off in the movement phase.
>
> E.g. am I allowed to put my Biovores (which are inside an Assault Spawn) on
> overwatch, move my Assault Spawn 20cm, and the drop off the Biovores?

If they are in different dets (so they can get different orders): yes in
theory

reality: dismounting costs 5cm movement. On overwatch there are only 5cm
available, so they need all movement for dismounting and have zero
movement left for actually moving. Means the overwatching unit has to stay
in exactly the same location, thus it cannot leave the trnasport.

DV

Post office does not deliver mail without postage. And sometimes, even
with.