Re: [Epic] bases (an old and stupid question?) -Reply

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:25:20 -0500

The Forgotten Spice Girl wrote:

> I tend to disagree with that... I've put together near to a company of
> Space Marines, and had no problems. The only trimming I had to do was run
> my X-Acto knife along the bottom to get rid of the little nubbin from the
> sprue. Also, I don't know what kind of glue you use, but the Testors
> polystyerene cement works great. A little dot on the base, drop the fig
> in, and bingo! I haven't had any problems with the new bases at all...

Having done multiple chapters (not companies, chapters, yeah 2000+ marines) I have
given up on GW bases, both new and old style. I do ALL my epic bases out of sheet
styrene. For those people that are thinking of doing this, the old bases are 20 mm x
20 mm. The new bases are 11 mm x 40 mm, NOT 10 mm x 40 mm, if you think it matters.