[Epic] A few questions

From: Carl Billen <Carl.Billen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:06:50 +0200

(I hope this mail finally arrives 'cause I'm having E-mail problems for over
1 week now... If it already appeared on the list, don't shoot me...)

Hi everyone,

While skimming through the Armies book the following questions popped up:

a) Is a Titan's Close Combat Weapon (with range 30cm and 4 FP)
considered a Super Heavy Weapon, or a FP-based weapon for purposes of
placing Blast
Markers ?

b) I've got a detachment with a Warboss and 4 Gretchins, and 4
infiltrators which are 50 cm away from the main unit. My opponent fires for
7 BM on the Infiltrators, which are the only stands in range for him; this
results
in 4 dice being rolled.
b1) If he rolls 2, 4, 5 and 6 : 3 Infiltrators get killed and the detachment
gets a BM.
b2) If he rolls 1, 1, 2 and 3 : Nobody gets killed because only the Gretchin
can get hit (Armour 3+), but because they are out of range/not in LOS this
is not the case. Does this mean that no BM is placed because no ACTUAL hit
is scored ?

c) My only infiltrator stand of my big Ork detachment is scaling a big
hill/mountain. When he reaches the top he is 50 cm away from the core
troops of his detachment, but he is right in the range and sights of an
Imperator (who is at the other side of the hill/mountain, some 40 cm away) !
The Princeps is very happy because he has a target to shoot at, and fires
all his weapons at the single Ork. 30 FP + 6 SHW result in 1 dead Ork
Infiltrator + 7 BMs. (3 BMs for the 24+ FP, 1 BM for the 6 SHW and 3 BMs
for the 3 MegaCannon shots). This would result in placing 7 BMs on stands
that are not in range or in line of sight ? Isn't this a bit unreal or is
my example (just a bit) too extreme ? It's just that my Infiltrators are
always the first units in Range and this results in gettting BMs over my
main unit...

d) Consider the following situation : My Warboss drives away from his
detachment, so that he will be separated from his troops. When he is more
than 30 cm away, all his troops will be 'out of command'. The troops that
are 'out of command' do not become 'in command' by following the 'Chain of
command', because the Warboss is still alive. If the Warboss gets killed,
the troops that are 'out of command' DO NOT become suddenly 'in command'
(this can be found in the Battles Book). Why is this prohibited ?
I know that the 'out of command' rule prevents a detachment from splitting
up in smaller detachments, but then you have the 'Chain of command' which
more-or-less hints that splitting of the detachment and staying 'in command'
at the same time could be done. It just confuses me completely...

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...