Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:39:26 +0200 (MESZ)

> >In my group we are measuring from the (any) edge of the transport.
>
> At the risk of sounding overly A-R about this..... :)
>
> So, a unit with a new-style base would have to move 11mm (the width of its'
> base) in order to just exit the vehicle? Sounds close enough to 'not
> moving' to me... :)

Yes, exactly. This prevents players to have the edge of the base 40mm
(length of base) away from the transport so it is not possible to engage
someone 19 cm away. (10 cm movement, doubled for reaching opponent, -5
for leaving transport gives 15 cm. If you could deploy outside prior to
moving 15 cm you could charge someone who is 19 cm away. Our system limits
this to charging someone 15 cm away.)

> Hoping you can hear my good-natured, sardonic tone of voice... :)

Well, that seemed plausible to my friends and me, not necessarily to
anyone else...

DV

Post office does not deliver mail without postage. And sometimes, even
with.