Re: [Epic] Question about Engines of Vaul...

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 23:30:42 +1000

anvil_at_... wrote:

> Larry Irish wrote:

> > Ouch. It sounds like BlastMarkers are the bane of both EoV's, since the
> > D-cannon is definately a SHW, no discussion. Some quick math told me that 3
> > little BM's would completely silence a unit of EoV's. <sigh>
> >
> > Then I remembered the Hull weapons - you can use their FP to 'pay off' the
> > lost FP due to BM's, right??
> >
> > Another question: In order to use the hull wpns, do they have to be in
> > range?
>
> In my group, blast marker effects only come off of weapons in range of
> something. However, we also play that war engines are a little tougher than
> most and so 3 BM's are required to silence a SHW. If you have a FP based weapon
> in range you can still soak up BM's with these.

One way around this problem is to say that each BM takes off 1 FP/SHW
PER TARGET DETACHMENT. Thus if you fire your pulsar at a target at 60cm,
and the FP at 15cm (ie at different targets) both firings get affected
by the same BM. OTOH if you can fire Pulsar and FP at the same target
detachment, you only get affected once.

This means that you don't have the bizarre behaviour of suddenly being
able to fire at long range because another eneemy gets close. If the
enemy gets real close, suddenly your SHW becomes accurate enough so it's
going to hit anyway, regardless of only being aimed more-or-less in the
right direction due to panic, unsteady platform, targetting gear
malfunction, dust, smoke, etc etc.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo