Re: [Epic] De-lurking, quick rule question

From: Brad Hann <bhann_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 07:39:51 +1000

>> A quick rules question: a detachment in which all infantry units are being
>> transported, is the reserve speed that of the infantry or the vehicle?
>
>The speed is that of the slowest unit. We've always played it that if
>all units slower than X are being transported by vehicles with a speed
>of X+, then the slowest unit moves at speed X. I thought that Book 3 p
>15 catered for this,, but on re-reading it, it doesn't.

It sort of does, but only if units are being transported by a different
detachment.

>> On
>> the same subject, cavalry and jump pack troops - do you count the reserve
>> speed as that of the movement on the stat-line or the movement after it is
>> doubled? I'd always assumed the latter,
>
>Me too...
>
>> but the booklet that comes with
>> the blood reavers box says "...the daemons have a reserve Speed of 15cm,
>> although on the battlefield the Flesh Hounds (Cavalry) can move faster than
>> this."
>
>I'd say that the 15cm move was only for Daemonettes and the ilk, the
>ones without cavalry or jump-packs..

Yeah, I missed that one. I thought he stuck all the cavalry daemons in the
one detachment.

>> Then again, the book also comes up with this little gem: "Due to
>> the emnity between their Patron Gods, daemons of Tzeentch cannot be fielded
>> alongside daemons of Khorne, and daemons of Slaanesh will not fight with
>> daemons of Slaanesh."
>
>Page 90 of Book 2 says almost the same thing, except the wording has one
>important difference: "Due to Rivalry between the Chaos Gods.... may not
>include ...together IN THE SAME DETACHMENT"
>
>Whereas the ruling you quote would seem to indicate you can't have them
>in the same army...

I just like the way the quote says I can't have two daemons of slaanesh in
the same detachment. I certainly can according to my army book. The
Khorne/Tzeentch animosity is wrong, as well. And the book shows a picture
of a Lord of Change model and calls it a Bloodthirster. I'd like to know
who proof-read it.

Brad