Re: [Epic] De-lurking, quick rule question

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 02:02:39 +1000

Brad Hann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been lurking on this list for, oh, about five months now, and figured
> that having just shelled out the $70 for the Blood Reavers box, now is as
> good a time as any to start posting.

G'day, welcome.

> A quick rules question: a detachment in which all infantry units are being
> transported, is the reserve speed that of the infantry or the vehicle?

The speed is that of the slowest unit. We've always played it that if
all units slower than X are being transported by vehicles with a speed
of X+, then the slowest unit moves at speed X. I thought that Book 3 p
15 catered for this,, but on re-reading it, it doesn't.

> On
> the same subject, cavalry and jump pack troops - do you count the reserve
> speed as that of the movement on the stat-line or the movement after it is
> doubled? I'd always assumed the latter,

Me too...

> but the booklet that comes with
> the blood reavers box says "...the daemons have a reserve Speed of 15cm,
> although on the battlefield the Flesh Hounds (Cavalry) can move faster than
> this."

I'd say that the 15cm move was only for Daemonettes and the ilk, the
ones without cavalry or jump-packs..

> Then again, the book also comes up with this little gem: "Due to
> the emnity between their Patron Gods, daemons of Tzeentch cannot be fielded
> alongside daemons of Khorne, and daemons of Slaanesh will not fight with
> daemons of Slaanesh."

Page 90 of Book 2 says almost the same thing, except the wording has one
important difference: "Due to Rivalry between the Chaos Gods.... may not
include ...together IN THE SAME DETACHMENT"

Whereas the ruling you quote would seem to indicate you can't have them
in the same army...

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo